Thursday, March 3, 2011

A dreamer's world

I'm watching Werner Herzog's documentary Encounters at the End of the World, a film that seeks to uncover the reasons why humans do the things they do, and specifically, why people go to Antarctica, which is where the doc is set. One very intriguing subject of Herzog's is Stefan Pashov who is introduced as a philosopher and a forklift driver. Pashov has some really nice ways of thinking about life, and I'd like to share some of them.

"I think there are a fair amount of people here [in Antarctica] that are full time travelers and part time workers. Those are the professional dreamers! And I think that through them, the cosmic dreams come into fruition. The universe dreams through our dreams. I think there are many different ways of bringing reality forward, and dreaming is definitely one of those ways."

I love hearing others who dream so unabashedly and who embrace that aspect of their lives.

Watch the film, its great!

1 comment:

  1. We love Werner! He did a docu on my father-in-law. He is an incredible man and great spirit. We also loved the film.

    ReplyDelete